Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone is an effective source of water-solubleflavonoids, with applications as versatile as nutraceuticals, cosmetics andbeverages.
- Character: Light yellow crystallinepowder, slight smell, slight bitter taste, soluble in water and ethanol.
- Molecular Formula: C29H36O15
- Molecular Weight: 624.59 g/mol
- CAS No.: 24292-52-2
- HMC has blood vessel-stabilizing & -strengthening effects. It protectscapillaries and small veins so they are less likely to leak fluid into the surroundingtissue. HMC supports and protects the integrity of the vascular system withparticular activity in the capillaries and veins. It has been shown to helpstrengthen capillaries by increasing capillary resistance and decreasingcapillary permeability. It also results in increased venous motility, tone, andvessel dilation.
- One study showed that HMC, incombination with other ingredients, reduced leg tightness and swelling inpeople with chronic venous insufficiency and varicose veins. There is also someevidence that taking HMC as a dietary supplement reduces hot flashes in womengoing through menopause.
- Due to its antioxidant activity, HMC is also a widely used ingredient in thecosmetic industry, used in formulating anti-aging products like anti-agingnight creams, moisturizers, sunscreens and body lotions. Antioxidants help toprotect skin cells against free radicals produced by exposure to sunlight andpollutants in the environment. Hence, they are also used for products to reducedark circles under the eyes.
- There has also beenconsiderable research showing benefits of HMC in oral supplements.
- HMC is also used as a rawmaterial for drugs for lowering cholesterol, anti-virus and anti-inflammatory.
Hesperidin methyl chalcone iswidely used in South-Africa, USA, EU, not only in pharmaceutical but also indietary supplement and cosmetic products.